Monday, June 29, 2009

A friend far away (1)

.


There are always people who stayed in your life only for a short period of time and you can hardly remember their names after a few years. Fe is not one of them. Fe meant to stay in my memory. Actually he entered my memory even before he was in my eyes.

It was at one of the nights when I was ready for bed and the lights in my eyes started to fade into dreams. LD suddenly told me a story about Fe, which reignite the lights in my eyes.

If this story was told after I met Fe, I might not remember him so vividly. But his entrance to my memory was so extraordinary, which was indeed overshadowed his entrance to my eyes.

In my eyes, He was nothing comparable to who I imagined him was. Before I met him, I had thought he was a strong and tall man with a sharp figure. There should be some craziness in his eyes, or at least some cruelty. But in fact, He had none of these. He was relatively short (the fat on his belly made him looked shorter). He was ready to flirt, but there was a shy smile on his face. He was humorous and impossibly tender, but there was some sadness in his eyes. How can he be a killer? How can he be a wanted man? As soon as I saw him, there was a sore spot developed in my heart, where my fear towards him was melted away.

Yes, you have heard it right. Fe was a wanted man. He killed people and was on the run perhaps for the rest of his life. I had the luck to know him is because of LD. Back in 1995, Fe was still a college student. He spent some summer holiday at LD’s hometown. That was perhaps the last happy moment that he had in that year. When he returned to his home, he found that his parents were both in hospital. They were beaten by a guy in his village. Ann sought some old schoolmates to help him revenge. They went to that guy’s home empty handed. As soon as they arrived, they found that guy had found several people to help him and every person was armed with knives. I guess that disadvantaged situation brought out the worse part of Fe. He fought harder than he had anticipated. In the end two people died in his hands. That was the night when Fe became a wanted man and started to run.

He first went to LD’s brother’s place. LD’s family are all warm hearted. They couldn’t turn him away. He stayed there for several months. After a while, he started another fight and injured a worker who worked for LD’s brother…He was then on the run again…That was how the story started.

My eyes blinked in the darkness and I persuaded LD to continue:”please, more”. I was so eager to listen to a true story and was so eager to know how Fe ended up being a rich person. LD paused and said:”tomorrow, I will tell you more tomorrow. Your dorm will be closed soon.”

I went back to the dorm room and climbed to my bed. My mind could not rest…. LD told me that I will meet Fe. I had a chilly feeling when I started to picture Fe in my brain. He could have stayed in my memory in that way if I never met Xia.



.



No comments:

Post a Comment