Friday, March 20, 2009

Crazy world

.





My favorite comedy is "the Gods must be crazy". I guess I am very lucky, since this comedy is played almost everyday and almost everywhere. For instance, after my school adopted the new Microsoft softwares, almost everyweek there was a colleague standing at my door and complaining about a disappeared or newly emerged function.

Another comedy played also almost everyday can be named as "the people must be crazy". When I came to this country, people told me that it is rude to stick your hand infront of somebody to click button's in the elevator. Each time, I enter an elevator, I always asked politely "Seven, please?". Last week, I met a lady in the elevator. She stood right beside the keyboard. I asked "Seven, please?". She said something, and I didn't catch her, so I asked her to repeat. A sentence jumped out of her mouth word by word: "All you have to do is to push "SEVEN", do you want me to tell you where seven is?" This week, I have been cautious, I always tried to push that button myself. Yesterday, after I pushed 'seven', I heard someone murmured: you should have let me push it...

Last year, several co-workers and I went out for a lunch. During the lunch, our favorite subject is to complain about emails. We all absolutely hated them, since they were just a big distraction. I had thought that we reached a consensus about something. I never replied to any emails unless it is sent only to me and a reply is necessary. Last week, I over-heard a colleague complaining about "some people" who just didn't care enough to simply reply his emails........

I often run to Seven-eleven to get some milk for my coffee. On my way, I once encountered someone saying hello to me. I guess I just waived to reply. He actually stopped me and lectured me about how should I reply in a proper manor. Last month, when I walked by somebody, I said "hello". This person took out his ear plug and asked me to repeat what I said. I said: I just said "hello". That person frowned and continued to walk, as if I did something disturbing.

It is a common thing to hear colleagues complaining about the numbers of committees that they have to serve and the numbers of meetings that they have to attend. Last month, I actually hear someone complaining that she was never invited for "xxx" meeting, which is the mostly hated meeting by me....

So now I am convinced: Gods are crazy, people are crazy....what else? the world must be crazy...


You come to me and ask me: How can we do this? In this way or that way?
I nervously replied: Which way you like, baby.....

You just left and murmured: you Chinese sucker......





.

No comments:

Post a Comment